Recognising and Managing Depression
Venue : Walton House, Lonsdale Road, Castletroy, Limerick
Day & Time: Mondays, 7.00pm – 9.30pm
Cost : 180 Euro for 8 sessions.
Depression affects mood and thoughts and has an effect on how we feel about ourselves, our daily life and on how we preceive the world around us.
This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the symptoms of depression and to suggest and explore strategies on how to cope with its impact on a day to day basis. It is specifically designed to cover issues concerning depression, involving you or someone close to you.
The course will run over 8 evenings, be participative and draw from people’s own understanding and concerns connected with depression.
The sessions will include:
- What is depression: A common condition that can affect anyone.
- The causes of depression : Find out about the causes of depression and who might be at risk.
- Recognising the symptoms to help you help yourself and those close to you.
- Understanding male depression: These may not follow the same pattern as depression in women; find out how to recognise the symptoms in yourself or others.
- The impact of depression: Depression affects people’s lives; learn how you can cope with your own life when depressed and how to help those close to you.
- Treatment: Learn about how depression is treated and about the therapies that can help you or someone close to you.
- Supporting someone with depression: Family and friends are vital in helping you cope with depression or in helping those close to you get through this time. There are so many ways of giving help, learn how.
This course is open to anybody who has an interest in coping with and/or managing depression.
Should you wish to book a course with us please draw down our booking form, alternatively if you have any queries please feel free to phone or email us.